Saturday, September 15, 2007

DUI

"exit light
enter night"

maybe my best thing after all is driving a little drunk, blasting metallica into the ghetto twilight as if i weren't a white girl with a ribbon of african blood the legacy of some unrecorded rape, another strand cherokee, this one vaunted in our Children of the Mayflower pedigree, the First Families of Virginia, DAR legacy I bear on my whicker shoulders, unlike the jews from Alsace-Loraine my grandmother could not stand to hear about when her daughters traced the geneology

as if i were a punk from the trailer park south accused and convicted of child murder simply because metallica was my lifeline and i read books . . . i know real live southern gentlemen who claim to know (second or third hand) that the Gore family has connections to Satan worship, that's how it works

"never me, never free"

as if i were a boy a boy a boy, shifting gears like my hands were born with the knob in my palm, over the legal limit making a right turn out of the diner deserted (Jewish new year) this early evening, past two police cars lights flashing having pulled over a late model blond sedan, and i am willing to bet all the money in my disabled pocket the driver was black, or goth, or just wrong wrong wrong, like me

only this time i don't get caught.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home